Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Get-Away

We took a little vacation yesterday and today to celebrate Thanksgiving. Julianna and I had never been, so mom and dad took us down to Seattle for a little vacation.

We stayed at a Best Western, only a few blocks away from the Space Needle. On the first day, we toured the downtown; Pikes Place Market.
Wow. I'm lucky I got out alive. On a Sunday, right around 10-10:30, it is BUSY! We went in and looked around at almost every shop, and even saw some world famous fish throwing. (Pikes Place Fish Market)
Julianna and I each got a mini beanie bag stuffed animal,(mine a lizard, and hers a turtle), a pin, and I got a postcard as well. Here are some other pictures of the market:
In the gift shop-area on the ground level of the Space Needle, we wandered around. (It was something crazy like $50 to go all the way up) All 4 of us also tried on pairs of these HIDEOUS sunglasses, and well...See for yourself.










For dinner that evening, (after finding out that the streets we wanted to take were all 1 ways), we went to Overall, the meal was nice, and the spumoni ice-cream was delicious. When we got back to the van... It was covered with atomic bird-bombs. (I just now got back inside from washing the van) Nice, eh?










We also went to the first Starbucks ever!










I hope you have all enjoyed you Thanksgiving holidays, as much as I did.


~Emily Friesen

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great get-away. I`ve never been to that market but maybe will oneday. What happened - did your van have a target painted on top??? Must have been a big job doing a sham"poo" on it!!! Glad you had a good time before heading back to school.
    Hugs, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had lots of fun. I need a mini vacation myself, time to get away and do something different.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great fun you had!! I just love those Starbucks shirts!!! I've never seen them before!! Love your story of the birds!!! LOL Gotta love them!! Take care, XO Fran.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! I love to read them. :)