Monday, November 30, 2009

Dinner and a Show

Yesterday evening, mom and dad finally, (Finally!), let us watch Christmas Vacation with them. (They blipped out what seemed like 10 minutes of it, but that doesn't matter.) Now I understand why my weird family dresses up as Eddie on the diving board, or Clark with carpet sewn to his head, and Audrey with her eyes frozen. Before watching Christmas Vacation, I never really understood why we have a "knot-ball centerpiece" on our dining room table. Or why we ate jello with catfood sprinkled on it. (Almost a year ago, my mom wrote a poem about our weirdness, so if you go back a million posts on her blog, you'll find it.)
So thet was the "show" part of this post, now on to the "dinner". Julianna made her famous french fries, this time loaded with farmer sausage and cheese. They were so good. Tomorrow I'll post about my huge egypt project. Until then,

Emily Friesen

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great evening together... memories in the making!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilita. What a hoot. haha. And I thought over the years we gave you kids a pretty good show. Sorry we always forgot the plot. You can sure put words on paper. You have made my day.
    Love, Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Um, yeah... just so anyone reading this knows - it wasn't catfood, it was Cheerios... just so you know...}

    And Emily - it's like I always used to say when I was your age - "why be normal?"

    Love ya! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess this was your "official" welcome to the family, Em. Do you feel like you "belong"????
    Hugs, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny. I love watching christmas movies, I am a christmas addict;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! I love to read them. :)